Location: Leeds, Harehills LS9
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
Pay: £8.87ph increases to £11.00 after 12 weeks.
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Administration Officer/Caseworker to join the team with one of our clients based in Harehills. The role will include providing an efficient and effective service to international road transport customers, by issuing International Road Haulage Permits (IRHP) and Certificates, processing UK Authorisations and Certificates for International Passenger Services within specified deadlines and providing administrative support and advice to the Senior Team Leader, colleagues and customers.
- Issuing International Road Haulage Permits and Own Account Certificates within service standard, requesting further information where necessary
- Checking applications within agreed service standards;
- Issuing IRHPs to the required format within 4 days of approval when received from translation
- Ensure that all appropriate records are kept and reconciled on a quarterly basis;
- Providing a counter service for the immediate issue of permits;
- Liaison with foreign ministries as required.
- Answering telephone and email enquiries.
- Working with others to improve and evolve the changing permit requirements.
- Supporting the assessment and issuing of Secretary of State monthly ECMT permits.
- Ensuring that up-to-date instructions are maintained for all International Road Haulage Permits including;
- Drafting responses to letters received from stakeholders, including the Department, providing advice and guidance in accordance with the instruction of managers.
- Taking careful account of the data protection legislation and ensuring that there is no unauthorised distribution or publication of personal or sensitive data;
- Ensuring that all audit requirements relating to fees handling are complied with;
- Carrying out duties to the benefit of the whole office as requested by management, including post duties, purchasing and maintaining the flexible working hours system
What we are looking for:
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with a proven ability to identify priorities based on risk / service factor
- Good knowledge of IT systems, particularly Word, Excel and email with associated keyboard skills
- Ability to analyse case work and draft submissions or advice within a legislative framework
- Experience of applying guidance to casework. Desirable.
- Good stakeholder management skills with the ability to work with customers at a variety of levels. Desirable.
- Knowledge of operator licensing and the transport industry. Desirable.
- Take responsibility for the quality of own work and keep manager informed of how the work is progressing;
- Maintain consistent performance.
- Act in a fair and respectful way in dealing with others;
- Write clearly in plain simple language and check work for spelling and grammar, learning from previous inaccuracies.
- Review working practices and come up with ideas to improve the way things are done;
- Learn new procedures, seek to exploit new technologies and help colleagues to do the same;
- There is an occasional need to travel on official business with overnight stays on occasion
Posted 3 weeks ago
Leeds, West Yorkshire